I cannot count my day complete
'Til needle, thread and fabric meet.
~Author Unknown

Sharing a common thread with those who love the art of hand embroidery

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

I can finally say the word................."FINISHED!!"

as most of you have already read from my November 3rd post............I had posted this photo of an unfinished cross stitch project the my friend's mother had started , but was unable to complete due to her battle with cancer.

I have been working on this for months off and on for my friend.........but poured all of my energy into it for the past few weeks..........and I can finally say..........I finished it! 


For my friend to remember her mother's stitching apart from mine, I ran a turquoise running thread around the part that she had stitched, 

then stitched her initials and the date above the section

The hardest part about this cross stitch was the dark blue Aida cloth to stitch on........
it was sometimes hard to see the holes as I stitched, 

and the role of black birds on the bottom were problematic for me as well......
I also signed my name and date at the bottom, but 
I always try to have it to blend in with the stitches.
I have just let my friend know that it is now ready for her to pick up and to
frame and hang in her home.
I am so glad to be finished...........as ........you probably already know......
I have other things I want to now embroider! 
So tell me about the cross stitch pieces you may have finished.
I would love to hear!

10 comments:

lil red hen said...

Oh my goodness!! Just think of all the stitches you've made to complete this for your friend. I'm sure she will be so thankful for your work. I haven't done any counted cross stitch in years; I'm not sure my eyes are still "young enough". I've been crocheting, and have a finish also!

Bev said...

It looks great!... And I know if must feel so good:)!!

Hindustanka said...

Wow, the piece looks great! I am glad you managed to accomplish this project for your friend, she will be very happy.
Have a great day!

Shami Immanuel said...

Beautiful piece. Your friend is very lucky. I am doing a mega cross stitch project which will take years to finish. I prefer to white aida to work on.

Sherri Farley said...

Awesome!

letslearnembroidery said...

Really pretty indeed!

Unknown said...

How wonderful of your to finish this project. It is gorgous. It is something that she will cherish for a long time.

Bev C said...

Hello Kathleen,

All those hours of stitching certainly paid off. Adding the detail regarding who stitched what part is a lovely idea. Hope your friend finds a lovely frame for it.
Enjoy your next stitching project.

Happy days.
Bev.

Karen said...

Kathleen, you are so kind to do this for your friend, I'm sure she will always treasure it. It is nice to see the finished project, it's very cheerful looking, isn't it?

A Colorful World said...

It turned out wonderfully!